Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas in Antarctica

Christmas in Antarctica was a lot different than back home to say the least.  They do their best to try and put up some decorations around town and all, but no matter what they do, it just doesn’t seem to have the feel of Christmas.  In fact, for Christmas Eve this year I spent my night (if you can call it night) hiking to the top of Castle Rock once again with a couple of buddies.  I will say this though, never in my life would I have guessed that I would be spending Christmas on the top of a huge cliff in Antarctica, that’s for sure. 

On the other hand, it was nice to get some packages from back home, and Christmas dinner was awesome!  They served all kinds of food including lobster, steak, duck, lamb, mashed potatoes, etc…and the list goes on, not to mention all of the desserts, so that was probably the highlight of Christmas for me this year.  It was also nice to have a two-day weekend this weekend, and because its New Years next week, we should be getting another long weekend next weekend, so that should be nice.

Other than that, I just wanted to wish everyone back home a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! 


No comments:

Post a Comment